Friday, February 9, 2007

Bani!!!!!

Some secrets cannot be revealed even to the closest of your friends and many of them are the secrets of the heart. Being new to the co-education system I was shy to be friends with the students around. I loved it when these people spoke about each other's lives being at ease with the opposite sex but I clearly felt like the ugly duckling among the swans.Part of it was becoz of my braces and part of it was my awkwardness between guys.

Having been declared as a nerd due to my past academic result, I was further left in my own world. I made friends with the two most popular girls and I really liked them. They not only enjoyed life but had a peculiar self confidence about their personality. While I was happy reading books ( let me specify here that i read novels not course books) these people enjoyed their teenage life. Movies, outings and ofcourse the infactuations, I was a far spectator to all of these. Its not that I did not have my share of crushes but they were just momentory and soon passed by.

Life moved on but soon it demanded changes and I thought I was ready for those changes. The visit to the lake close to our college that day changed how I would spend my college life. It was drizzling and this amazing gal Bani* sat next to me and heard me with so much of patience. I can still recall her words
" Give it (life) another chance, open up, its not that bad after all"
My college life began in the true sense that day!!

I've had many arguments with Bani* after that and its funny but we start laughing even when we are fighting!! I dedicate this post to her..... No major reason for it but just to let people know that your friendship matters a lot to me!! Take care!!!!!!!